We are evolving as an industry and professionals – and we are doing it together.
We support community, education, and transparent business practices.
Oh – and putting the client first!
If this resinates with you, let’s get in touch!
WHY THE MAUI WEDDING CREATIVES?
WHAT IS YOUR GOAL AS A COLLECTIVE?
WHAT EXACTLY IS BUSINESS TRANSPARENCY?
Maui Wedding Creatives are dedicated to ethical, client-centered business practices. For example, members do not give or receive commissions for preferred recommendations. We believe in a direct and open line of communication with our couples so we can best serve you. You want to get to know us as much as we want to get to know you. After all, we are going to be at your wedding!
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO JOIN?
A few things:
1. You must be a MAUI-BASED wedding professional to join. Our sincere apologies to the outer-island and destination photographers – this is just for Maui wedding professionals!
2. Attend gatherings. We get together. We support one another. We tackle industry-wide problems and combat them with integrity and compassion. Think more of a happy-hour vibe with a community of like-minded professionals rather than a board meeting where nothing is ever accomplished. We’ll keep it fun; promise.
3. No commissions – both giving or receiving. We believe in ourselves at artists who serve our clients. Incentivizing coordinators and companies to promote services with a percentage-based or flat rate commissions is absolutely against the Collective policies.
4. A nomination by an MWC member or a wedding industry colleague. We want to know that people have your back. We do not allow bullies or unvetted members into the MWC.
5. Inclusivity. At the MWC we believe in everyone’s right to marry. We support our friends in the LGBTQ+ and BIPOC communities. Each member of the MWC does not use discriminatory practices in our businesses.
6. COVID-19. As ethical members of our wedding community, all members of the MWC happily abide by State and Local rules when it comes to keeping our community and clients safe. An updated list of mandates can be found HERE
7. For the year of 2021, our membership fees are waived. Look, we know 2020 didn’t shape up to be the year we thought it was going to be. Because of that, we are waiving the fee to join (fees were only applied to keep us up and running)!
If all of this sounds cherry, you sound like our kind of person! Let’s get in touch.